Focus on the Intention of Your Work
Focus is doing things with a clear intention and making sure that all your decisions match your intention.
Focusing isn’t simply about avoiding the temptation to multitask until a priority project is complete. Instead, it means truly understanding what you want to accomplish and centering your activities entirely around that.
Questions to ask to find focus on a project:
- What is the main problem this product is solving?
- Who are the people we are solving this problem for?
- What is the emotion/feeling that we want our product to create or evoke?
- Is this particular implementation aligned with the problem we're solving for?
- Is this the product/feature most likely to successfully solve that problem?
For more, read this article from Facebook’s VP of Product.
(photo via robert scoble)
Posted on November 6, 2017
by Tim & Tommy filed under