People Over Scale
Scale is overrated, again and again.
- People have names and like to hear them used sweetly.
- People are individuals and they look you in the eye and have emotions.
- People understand you and if you offer great work/products/service, then they want to perpetuate that because they enjoy great value.
- People are like you and me. They have hopes and dreams too.
- People are your customers.
Customers are people. Not some mass of an organization that hates your guts or gets mad if you make a mistake.
Sometimes we entrepreneurs view customers as some crowd and body of people that doesn’t give a rip. When it couldn’t be further from the truth.
If you treat your customers with love, respect, and admiration, 9.9 times out of 10, it’ll be reciprocated.
A savvy business owner tips the scale first and gives full engagement and excellence with no strings attached.
That’s how a great relationship is formed. Show up 100% and your friends (who used to be just customers) will do the same.
Then scaling your marketing doesn’t become nearly as important because your customers are telling others about you.
(photo via alexis gravel) (HT to Seth for the nudge)
Posted on June 4, 2015
by Tim & Tommy filed under