Small talks are short chats that put your team on course.
They can seem so unnecessary, but are empowering and momentum sustaining if done correctly.
- A morning encouragement and direction.
- A 2 minute afternoon meeting that directs a manager on how to navigate a problem.
- A brisk walk to the coffee shop down the hall while clarifying a proposal with your co-founder.
- A early morning kiss on the cheek, look into your loved one’s eyes and giving them a pep talk for the day.
- This is what we’re going to do and this is how we’ll execute it—direction meeting.
Small talks don’t take a lot of effort, but they take forethought and intentionality. If done consistently and thoughtfully, they can transform the morale and momentum of your company.
(photo via martin frey)
Posted on October 19, 2015
by Tim & Tommy filed under